Type of project: National | Start date: 01/10/2022 | End date: 30/09/2025
The RAISE project aims to support the development of an innovation ecosystem based on the scientific and technological domains of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence (AI), focusing on the needs of a specific regional context: the Liguria Region. The project aspires to evolve into a highly attractive ecosystem for companies, investors and researchers at national and international level.
The RAISE ecosystem represents a sort of ‘engine’ to rewrite the foundation of industrialisation through Robotics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) with specific application in the domains of logistics and ports, sustainable cities and territories, health and environment.
RAISE is organised according to the Hub & Spoke governance system and consists of 25 Spokes and Affiliate partners as follows:
- 13 Research Institutions, Research Foundations and IRCCS: CNR, UNIGE, IIT, ENEA, INGV, INFN, Fondazione CIMA, AISM, Fondazione Don Gnocchi, IRCCS San Martino, IRCCS Giannina Gaslini, Ospedale Galliera, Associazione Festival della Scienza
- 4 Small and Medium Enterprises: Aitek, Circle, AlgoWatt, Infosolution
- 8 Large Companies: Leonardo, Ansaldo Energia, ETT, Esaote, Philips, Engineering, Fincantieri, Movendo Technologies
Areas of intervention
RAISE is divided into five areas of intervention on individual topics:
- Spoke 1: Urban Technologies for Inclusive Engagement – design and development of technologies for the inclusive use of the urban and domestic environment with a focus on issues related to cognitive and sensory disabilities, children and the elderly;
- Spoke 2: Smart Devices and Technologies for Personal and Remote Healthcare – realisation of robotic systems, prostheses, exoskeletons, devices and intelligent environments for personal and remote healthcare;
- Spoke 3: Sustainable environmental caring and protection technologies – development of robotic systems, techniques for energy storage and distribution, and systems for monitoring and preventing natural and man-made hazards for urban, terrestrial, marine and coastal ecosystems;
- Spoke 4: Smart and sustainable ports – implementation of monitoring and simulation systems, robotic and AI technologies for logistics and security in the port and marine environment;
- Spoke 5: Tech Transfer & Development – market transfer of knowledge generated by the ecosystem with consequent impact on the economic, social and technological fabric at local, national and international levels.
The Cnr-Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale “Antonio Zampolli” participates in Spokes 1, 2, 4 and 5.
NRRP (National Recovery and Resilience Plan)
CNR-ILC Research Unit Chair: