ELSNET (Phase III)
ELSNET Goes East
Type of Project:
Università degli Studi di Pisa
The project has the following objectives:
- to create an information infrastructure;
- to establish contacts by means of visits;
- to improve access to information about hardware, software and "R&D-ware";
- to allow access to the expertise on interdisciplinary research, the Language Engineering market and the co-operation between academic and industrial organizations;
- to improve the training system.
The results of the activities carried out in the project that may be disseminated are the following ones:
- information about academic and industrial sites in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as about educational programs in the area of Language and Speech => this information will be disseminated in the form of reports;
- information about activities in the field => this information will be disseminated in paper format, through a newsletter, and in electronic format, through a newslist, FTP and the World Wide Web;
- information for research purposes, such as corpora and speech and text databases => this information is not a direct result of the project; however, it will be distributed on CD-ROMs and through Internet servers and will be made accessible to new nodes in Central and Eastern Europe.