The TELRI-II concerted action was a pan-European alliance of initially 28 focal national language (technology) institutions with the emphasis on Central and Eastern European and NIS countries.
It was planned to extend this alliance during the course of the concerted action with at least 3 new nodes in CEE/NIS.
TELRI-II main objectives were:
- to strengthen the pan-European infrastructure for the multilingual language research and development community;
- to collect, promote and make available monolingual and multilingual language resources and tools for the extraction of language data and linguistic knowledge;
- to offer a customized comprehensive service to academic and industrial users;
- to prepare and organize research and development projects focusing on translation aids, multilingual authoring systems and information retrieval;
- to provide a forum where experts from academia and industry could share and assess tools and resources, assess software, evaluate new trends, investigate alternative approaches and engage in joint activities;
- to make available the expertise of its partner institutions to the research community, to the public and to language industry.