The feature Tense qualifies tha action wrt the chronological point
of view. At the morphosyntactic level only simple tenses are
The values present, imperfect, future, past are pertinent to
Italian. They applies to the different values of the feature
VerbForm-Mood with the following restrictions:
- indicative: present, imperfect, future, past are
relevant. Note that, the value past encodes the simple form of
the past, the Italian so-called ``passato remoto".
- subjunctive: present, imperfect are relevant.
- conditional: present is relevant.
- imperative: present is relevant.
- infinite: present is relevant.
- gerund: present is relevant.
- participle: present, past are relevant.